- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 09-10-2018
What To Expect During a Contact Lens Fitting at Arnold M. Stokol, O.D. and Associates in Richardson, TX
Even if you will not use contacts as your primary source of vision correction, Arnold M. Stokol, O.D. and Associates in Richardson, TX wants you to have the best contact lens fitting possible. We also want you to know what to expect upon preparing for your vision exam and fitting.
The Exam Before Your Contact Lens Fitting
This initial eye exam usually takes place before your contact lens fitting and shows how well you can see clearly at different distances. This comprehensive exam determines how well your eye muscles work together if you have fluid pressure in your eyes, and how much your pupils dilate. When your Richardson, TX doctor looks into your eyes, that specialist can also spot early signs of glaucoma, diabetes, hypertension, and more.
Factors that Determine the Best Contact Lens Fitting
A contact lens fitting exam has some of the same elements as a fitting for glasses. One major difference, however, is that your contacts sit directly on your eyes instead of 12 millimeters from your face. Your Richardson, TX optometrist also determines what contact lenses are best for you based on these factors:
- Eye shape – If your contacts do not conform to your cornea shape, you might experience discomfort or even itching and pain. You need the contacts that will fit just right onto your eyes.
- Pupil or iris size – We measure the size of the colored part of your eye to determine the right fit for gas permeable contacts or other specialized lenses.
- Tear production – If you do not have enough moisture in your eyes, you might need contacts made especially for dry eyes.
- Nearsightedness and farsightedness – Other types of contacts include bifocals, multi-focal, and Ortho-K lenses for seeing at varying distances without surgery.
Contact Arnold M. Stokol, O.D. and Associates in Richardson, TX Optometrist For an Appointment!
Contact Arnold M. Stokol, O.D. and Associates in Richardson, TX at (972) 669-9229 or use our online form to schedule an appointment. You also can visit our Richardson, TX office.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.